cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TayborJudd
Engaged Sweeper
This report seems to be erroneously reporting windows XP machines that have the Security Center Service turned off. The machines are running Norton Internet Security 2010 which replaces the built in Windows Security Center.

I have a mixed environment of Windows XP, Windows 2003, & Windows 7. All of them are working fine but the Windows XP Workstations give this error on LanSweeper.

Is this a report I can ignore or do I need to take this up with Norton & Microsoft about this service not starting on windows XP stations with NIS 2010?

Thanks for a great product.
7 REPLIES 7
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Windows firewall enabled:
The services are stored in table tblservices

NOD32:
Software information is stored in table tblsoftware.
Most likely nod32 also has a service which you can find in table tblservices.
sfait
Engaged Sweeper
We use Eset NOD32 for our antivirus program. We also have Windows Firewall enabled and mandated by the domain security policy. If the default security services report in Lansweeper checks for some other security service, it would be nice to modify that notification/report to trigger only when our AV or Windows firewall are not enabled. Wouldn't that make sense?

There is a small chance that I could look at the current report definitions and modify but I have no idea what tables to look up instead of the tables it's currently looking up by default.
TayborJudd
Engaged Sweeper
Is there a way to configure the report to not show based on criteria? Windows XP and Norton Internet Security 2010?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TayborJudd wrote:
Is there a way to configure the report to not show based on criteria? Windows XP and Norton Internet Security 2010?

Sure, you can edit and change all reports the way you want.
sfait
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
TayborJudd wrote:

I am in the report builder, how do I go about specifying the "security service" as our preferred anti-virus program? This builder doesn't seem to be something for someone who doesn't know your database or SQL much at all.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sfait wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:
TayborJudd wrote:

I am in the report builder, how do I go about specifying the "security service" as our preferred anti-virus program? This builder doesn't seem to be something for someone who doesn't know your database or SQL much at all.

You will need basic sql knowledge to create reports.
What exactly do you want to accomplish?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Hi,

If norton replaces this you can simply ignore this report.