cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simmarc
Engaged Sweeper
Good morning everyone,

I have just inherited the lansweeper server from someone in my team who left for another company and I'm still trying to learn the ropes, so pardon me if my question is easily answered.

We currently have active scanning enable on our network (around 9000 unique devices) but I would like to restrict certain IP ranges from being scanned. Now, I saw an option in the "IP Range Scanning" section, but I'm not sure if this affects the active scanning or just the manual one. Since we don't have a "dev" server, I don't want to start changing options and mess up the scanner server.

Are you able to guide me or give me pointers?

Thank you for the help!

3 REPLIES 3
Simmarc
Engaged Sweeper
Ok! Just making sure before I delete computers. Removing them simply removes them from the Lansweeper database and nowhere else correct? Because I would simply delete the whole database and start over with a new fresh one with only the computers I wish to scan.

Thanks a lot for the help once again.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Simmarc wrote:
Just making sure before I delete computers. Removing them simply removes them from the Lansweeper database and nowhere else correct?

That is correct. The computers are only removed from your Lansweeper database. Lansweeper does not make any changes to active directory; it only reads information.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Each scanning method (Active Scanning, IP Range Scanning...) works independently, so what you have configured for IP Range Scanning has no impact on what is scanned by Active Scanning.

Active Scanning can be restricted to specific OUs, but not specific IP ranges. If you only wish to scan specific IP ranges, we recommend disabling Active Scanning and using IP Range Scanning instead. If unwanted computers have already been scanned, you can delete them from your database by selecting them in the Lansweeper configuration console under Lansweeper\Scanned Computers and hitting the Delete button.

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now