cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BzowK
Engaged Sweeper
Hello All -

My company just bought LANSweeper and I started a new installation of it this morning. Below is what I did:

1. Installed Windows 2008 SP2 x86 on a VM
2. Installed SQL 2008 R2 with all Defaults
3. Created a domain user for service account and assigned it domain admin rights
4. Installed LANSweeper

First, I don't know much at all about SQL. Installation asked if I wanted it to change SQL to mixed mode and I said yes yet during the actual installation it gave an error saying it wasn't in mixed mode.

I was able to open the configuration page which looked fine and enter my registration key. When I go to the LANSweeper WebConsole, though, I get a few things that look fine like a window with Reporting options on the left, but below that is a long string of error messages. The first part of the error messages is below as well as an attached screenshot:

----------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lansweeperuser'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Please let me know the steps that I need to take to resolve this. Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
BzowK
Engaged Sweeper
That seemed to work - Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely the sql server is not configured for mixed mode.
Here's an example on how to do this : http://www.hosting.com/support/vps/windows/mixedmode

If you can't get it to work, please mail us at lansweeper@hemoco.com