→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
How can I prevent Lansweeper from seeing/scanning my VOIP phones? The ones here at my main office are on their own subnet, so I just don't tell Lansweeper about those but our remote sites have 2 or 3 phones each on the same subnet as their computers and I would rather not have them show up in Lansweeper at all.

Is this possible?
Thanks
-Chris
6 REPLIES 6
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
OK, thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No. Non-Windows machines can only be excluded based on IP address.
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
OK, thanks. So there's no way to use a MAC address mask of some sort to prevent Lansweeper from adding these devices to the database?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Windows computer exclusions only work for Windows computers. For non-Windows machines, you need to use IP exclusions. If the device changes IP, it may be scanned again if its new IP range is submitted for scanning.
HarkinsIT
Champion Sweeper
I see where I can exclude Windows computers from being scanned. Will this work for the VOIP phones too? Lansweeper is using the phone's IP address as it's name so I guess I should just put the IP address of the phone into the exclusion list? Since the phones are using DHCP I'm assuming that they may pick up a new address eventually and need to be excluded again, right?

Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to add these phones to your IP exclusions, found in the IP Address Range Scanning section of Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods.