cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi all,
I had to move LS from one server (OB1) to the other (Vader) while LS database was to stay on the same DB server (Marge).
Here's what I did:
1. Stopped LS service on OB1.
2. Backed up LS database on Marge.
3. Did full install of LS on Vader (new database, same DB server, default IIS website on port 80).
4. Stopped LS service on Vader.
5. On Marge I did a full LS database restore which overwrote the newly created (and empty) database.
6. Deleted user 'Lansweeperuser' and the schema 'Lansweeperuser', and re-created the user 'Lansweeperuser' granting him db_owner permissions, and defaulting to db_owner schema.
7. Copied user pictures and user actions folders, and web.config file from OB1 to Vader.
8. Started the LS service on Vader.
Because I restricted access to LS only to Domain admins, in IIS on Vader I cleared 'Enable anonymous access' and turned on 'Integrated Windows authentication' (as it was on OB1).
It must be something silly I overlooked because now I cannot open the LS website on Vader.
All I'm getting is a part of the Reports menu on the top left side and the following msg below:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: EXECUTE permission denied on object 'web40totaldomain', database 'lansweeperdb', schema 'dbo'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

And when I open LS Config Console on Vader I still see OB1 as the scanning server (picture below). Do you have any hints, please?
Cheers,
Martin
3 REPLIES 3
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Good point, I restarted the service to see how it gets reflected in the errorlog and the queue minitoring page opened OK.
Thanks,
Martin
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Any errors in the errorlog.txt file when starting the service?
Martin
Engaged Sweeper III
Eureka! I knew it was a schoolboy mistake. I didn't assign a role membership 'db_owner' to the newly created user 'Lansweeperuser'.
Also I had to change 'Servername' field in the table 'tsysASServers' from 'OB1' to 'Vader'. Maybe worth adding to your KB?
Now LS seems to open OK however I still cannot open http://vader:9524 ('Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage').
Cheers,
Martin