cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seraphielx
Engaged Sweeper III
I need to find out if people have a file called notes.exe some where on their computers.
Is it just looking for the file anywhere on the machine or do I need to point it to a directory?

If I do need to point it to a directory can it do searches in sub folders in the directory?
Reason I am asking is that I fear that the users may have it on their desktops and I do not think that lansweeper has the ability to identify user names.

If it can't do this right now its no biggy but can you adjust the file scanning in the next version to have the file name and a directory to search for it in with a option to do sub folders?
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
We may add a user wildcard to file scanning in the future, but we do not currently have a release date for this feature.
seraphielx
Engaged Sweeper III
Ah I see. well anyway that you can add in the DEFAULTUSERPROFILE in the file scan?
Maybe read the registry key
HKLM\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows NT\\CurrentVersion\\ProfileList [DefaultUserProfile].

I have something made in Auto IT for this to locate the files but it takes some time to run
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You must submit a specific directory for file scanning. It is not currently possible to search an entire computer for a specific file or perform extension based scanning for instance.

The reason this has not been implemented is because these kinds of scans are extremely taxing on client computers and take too long to complete.