cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wgbtech
Engaged Sweeper
I am installing on SBS 2011 which is based on 2008r2. The Lansweeper installer sees the SBSMONITORING and SHAREPOINT sql instances and tries to use one of them. How can I get it to install its own separate db instead?
5 REPLIES 5
wgbtech
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, it is a domain controller. Small Business Server (aka SBS) is always a domain controller.

I was able to download and install the correct version of the management tools for the version of SQL Express that was already installed, 2008r2 w/SP1 from:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26729

There are several downloads on that page, the right one for me was SQLEXPRWT_x64_ENU.exe. It appears "WT" is "With Tools".

With that, I could add a new instance and complete the Lansweeper install.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Most likely you are attempting to install on a domain controller? The option to install SQL Express was removed from our setup for domain controllers. You cannot install this program automatically on a domain controller, as it will not allow you to use local and network service accounts.

The solution is to install SQL Express separately. You can find it here. When you run the Lansweeper installer again, you will be prompted for appropriate credentials for the installation.
wgbtech
Engaged Sweeper
I should also mention I have tried both basic and advanced install modes.
wgbtech
Engaged Sweeper
Unfortunately I do not have the described checkbox. I am using Lansweeper 4.2 installer downloaded within the past 24 hours.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Check the box "No SQL Server available. Download and install Microsoft SQL 2008 Express Edition" when reaching the database installation screen.