cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
In Lansweeper 4 the instructions for "How to restrict access to the Web console" are not working. These settings do work on my previous version of Lansweeper.
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When it's not working,what exactly is happening?
taeratrin
Champion Sweeper
I was never able to get groups working on mine. If you allow users instead of groups, it seems to work fine.
QNS
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having the same issue. I copied the authorixation section of my web.config from the 3 install but it's not working.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'm not sure but I think you need the netbios name of the domain for the roles.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
See the top of this page in red: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx
jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Lansweeper wrote:
See the top of this page in red: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/restrict.aspx

Okay, I uninstalled, and re-installed Lansweeper using IIS this time. Here is the error I am getting now:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4927; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4927

Here is my config:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=WI-SERVICES\SQLLANSWEEPER2K8;Initial Catalog=lansweeperdb;User ID=lansweeperuser;Password=mysecretpassword0*;Connect Timeout=120"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer"/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value=""/>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value=""/>
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<authentication mode="Windows"/>
<identity impersonate="true" />
<authorization>
<allow roles="westiron.monroe.edu\Technical staff" />
<deny users="*" />
</authorization>
<compilation debug="false" />
</system.web>
</configuration>

jmarmo
Engaged Sweeper III
Not using IIS

Here is the error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Access is denied.
Description: An error occurred while accessing the resources required to serve this request. The server may not be configured for access to the requested URL.

Error message 401.2.: Unauthorized: Logon failed due to server configuration. Verify that you have permission to view this directory or page based on the credentials you supplied and the authentication methods enabled on the Web server. Contact the Web server's administrator for additional assistance.

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which error do you have?
Are you using IIS?