→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davemann
Engaged Sweeper
Just FYI, I upgraded to 5.0 and had an issue with an Internal Server Error with the website that was created on IIS.

The component that had issue was IIS Web Core. What I ended up having to do is remove the website from IIS, re-run the installation, select only the website and service components (Advanced setup) and allow to create a new site in IIS, and add bindings to the hostnames and ports that I had previously added, and reconfigure Authentication.
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For anyone else with this problem: please check the knowledge base article first and if this doesn't fix the issue, contact support@lansweeper.com with screenshots of your IIS configuration.
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Hi again, I fixed the problem by going to "basic configuration" (under my lansweeper website), and selecting as app pool "lansweeper appPool" (previously it was setup as "classic .net app pool".
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'm using Windows 2008 R2 with IIS 7.5.
After upgrade, I've got exactly the same problem as davemann when I tried to open the site with Firefox 18.0.0.1:

Mensaje de error del analizador: Atributo 'targetFramework' no reconocido. Tenga en cuenta que en los nombres de atributo se distinguen mayúsculas y minúsculas.

Error de código fuente:

Línea 8: <authentication mode="Windows"/>
Línea 9: <identity impersonate="false"/>
Línea 10: <compilation debug="false" defaultLanguage="C#" strict="false" explicit="true" targetFramework="4.0">
Línea 11: <assemblies>
Línea 12: <remove assembly="System.Windows.Forms, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B77A5C561934E089"/>

But if I try to open the site with last version of Opera I've got a different error:

Error en tiempo de ejecución 
Descripción: Error de aplicación en el servidor. La configuración actual de errores personalizados de esta aplicación evita que se muestren los detalles del error de la aplicación de manera remota (por razones de seguridad). Sin embargo, se pueden ver los detalles en los exploradores que se ejecuten localmente en el servidor.

Detalles: Para habilitar los detalles de este mensaje de error específico de forma que sean visibles en equipos remotos, cree una etiqueta <customErrors> en el archivo de configuración "web.config" ubicado en el directorio raíz de la aplicación Web actual. La etiqueta <customErrors> debe tener el atributo "mode" establecido como "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notas: La página de errores que está viendo actualmente se puede reemplazar por una página de errores personalizada si se modifica el atributo "defaultRedirect" de la etiqueta de configuración <customErrors> de la aplicación para que señale una dirección URL de páginas de errores personalizadas.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

I've checked the app pool, and it's configured according to the post you said above.

So, how could I fix it?

Thank you.

PS: by the way, I'm a premium user.
davemann
Engaged Sweeper
I did search and found this article, before I re-installed the website component, however, my application pool was already set up as per the document.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
for others with the same problem, see this link: http://www.lansweeper.com/kb/48/Lansweeper-5.0-does-not-work-on-manually-installed-IIS-sites..html