cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EF
Engaged Sweeper
They are correctly identified as VOIP phones, so that's good. However, they are managed by MAC address. All that shows up under their listing is:

State: Active
Type: VOIP phone
IP: 192.168.2.23
Name: 192.168.2.23

The Device Tester shows this:

192.168.2.23 Ping OK
SNMP Not active or community name wrong
Port 139 is Closed
FTP port is closed
Telnet port is closed
SMTP port is open
SMTP error: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.
HTTP port is closed
HTTPS port is closed
SIP port 5060 is open
HP jetdirect port 9100 is closed
SSH port 22 is closed

Thanks,

Brad
7 REPLIES 7
EF
Engaged Sweeper
So how can I have multiple scanning servers write to the same LanSweeper database?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
EF wrote:
So how can I have multiple scanning servers write to the same LanSweeper database?

If you have the enterprise version you can install different scanning servers (each with a different configuration)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Multiple scanning servers in each subnet
EF
Engaged Sweeper
Is there no other way to get the MAC addresses? If I move the LanSweeper server to that subnet, then I won't get MAC addresses on the primary vlan, I believe.
EF
Engaged Sweeper
The scanning server is on a different network, but the firewall is bridging them together.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
EF wrote:
The scanning server is on a different network, but the firewall is bridging them together.

Normally the mac addresses are only visible in the local subnet and never traverse the router.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Are they behind a router, if yes, the mac address can only be scanned for devices in the same range as the scanning server.