cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwalters
Engaged Sweeper
I'm having problems in trying to browse to the Lansweeper Console, I keep getting errors saying it can't find the specified SQL server. I'm using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 and IIS 6.0. The database I created for Lansweeper is spelled exactly as "Lansweeper" and the user "lsuser" has local administrative rights. This test server I'm using it on isn't connected to a domain. I am running the LSservice instead of LSwinap.

Errors I get when I try to browse to the Lansweeper Console:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Specified SQL server not found: localhost\Lansweeper
at System.Data.SqlClient.ConnectionPool.GetConnection(Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Specified SQL server not found: localhost\Lansweeper
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionPoolManager.GetPooledConnection(SqlConnectionString options, Boolean& isInTransaction)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()

web.config file:
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=localhost\Lansweeper;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lsuser;Password=password" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value="" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

LSservice.exe.config file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<!-- User application and configured property settings go here.-->
<!-- Example: <add key="settingName" value="settingValue"/> -->
<add key="ConnectionString" value="integrated security=SSPI;data source=localhost\Lansweeper;;persist security info=False;initial catalog=Lansweeper" />
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="10" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>

What am I missing? I have no errors in my windows event logs so I have no idea what it might be. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
14 REPLIES 14
Fanny
Engaged Sweeper
Hello Help me please!!!!

When I run This: %logonserver%\netlogon\LSclient.exe 10.0.0.2 where 10.0.0.2 is the server IP, but show this:

Connecting to 10.0.0.2: failed

Why???

Help me please

Thanks
Fanny
Engaged Sweeper
How do it?

make sure that on "ip the server" the lansweeper service is running, and that you don't block the necessary ports with a firewall.

When i run the service: try... but after show box dialog:
Error 1053 no response in the default time
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
make sure that on "ip the server" the lansweeper service is running, and that you don't block the necessary ports with a firewall.
Fanny
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, i ned your helo please, in Installing cliente and try this: %logonserver%\netlogon\lsclient.exe ip the server say: connection falied Why??? I have to do? Thanks
tdainat
Engaged Sweeper
You may need to add permissions to the database you set up for lansweeper. With SQL you do this by by using the snap-in. Since you're using SQL express, you may have to download a free lightweight utility that lets you manage your SQL databases. A good tool to use is http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products/mssql/manager/download (download the lite version). The sa user account (if that's what you want to use, or the user account you created) needs to have insert, alter, delete and update permissions on your database.
dierdre
Engaged Sweeper
I was using 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost, but otherwise I've got the same web.config. Of course now I've got a new error - despite configuration settings being set to allow remote connections, I've got several errors that indicate SQL won't accept remote connections. I've restarted services and rebooted the computer. Any suggestions? I feel as though I'm making backwards progress. 😞
Thanks, Dierdre
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your config file uses user : lsuser
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=localhost;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lsuser;Password=password" />

But the error is "login failed for user sa"
Can you check your web.config file again
dierdre
Engaged Sweeper
Yes, TCI/IP is enable.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Go to "sql server configuration manager" and check if you enabled the tcpip protocol (it is disabled by default)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now