cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chronologie
Engaged Sweeper
Hello i've many question in my problem on my lansweeper.

At the first how to resolve this? The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA. The ip address is correct, and port 135 was opened.

next, how to open device / computer with unknown status and the description is Access Denied? My Office has many computers where it's joined in 1 domain controller. But a lot of them was detected as unknown and the description is Access Denied. The scan credentials is domain controller administrator.

Thanks for help
3 REPLIES 3
Chronologie
Engaged Sweeper
if i delete all of the list in scanned device or computers and then i'm click "Scan all enabled ranges now" what will happened?
Chronologie wrote:
if i delete all of the list in scanned device or computers and then i'm click "Scan all enabled ranges now" what will happened?

You will be deleting all previously scanned assets from your database and rescanning your network afterwards. There is no need to delete all of your assets however. You should only delete the "unknown" ones, once you've checked your scanning credentials.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Chronologie wrote:
At the first how to resolve this? The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA. The ip address is correct, and port 135 was opened.

Opening port 135 is not enough, as WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) data is sent back to the Lansweeper server over random ports. In Windows Firewall you must enable the remote administration exception, which allows for all WMI traffic. Instructions can be found here. Perform a Full Rescan of the problem machine afterwards.

Chronologie wrote:
next, how to open device / computer with unknown status and the description is Access Denied?

This error almost certainly indicates that either:
- Your scanning credential does not have administrative privileges on the client machine.
- Your scanning credential's username and/or password were submitted incorrectly. (The account's password may have changed as well.)

Please do the following:
- Double-check your credentials in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Options\Scanning Credentials.
- Hit the "Scan all enabled ranges now" button in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Servers\(name of your server)\IP Range Scanning.
- Check whether the machine has been rescanned as a computer. If it has, delete the old "device" entry by selecting it in the configuration console under Lansweeper\Scanned Devices and hitting the Delete button.

If these issues persist, please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with a link to this forum thread.