→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
silviudg
Engaged Sweeper
Install on windows SBS 2003 SQL and LanSweep - no errors.
Trying to check from the server if service is running - browser empty and in the errorlog I got this:

error:
Login failed for user 'lssqluser32'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection

testing from DOS window with lsclient 127.0.0.1
Failed...

any suggestion how to solve this?
I´m a little bit dissapointed about the installation procedure....
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
1) Log on on your database server and delete the lansweeper database (if found)
1) Check on your database server for lansweeper*.mdf and .ldf files (if found you can delete them)

Reinstall the database

When you start the lansweeper service manually there is a file "errorlog.txt" in the same folder which should give a better clue about the errors afterwards.

silviudg
Engaged Sweeper
OK, I reinstall the LanSeeperPREMIUM version. The installation was done on domain server, both SQL database and LanSweeper. The steps done are:
1. uninstall SQL Server, uninstall LanSweeper, reboot
2. install SQL Server (ver. Express 2005) - OK, with mixed mode authentication
3. install LanSweeper32 (ver. 3.2) -OK
4. test with ...\Connection tester\testconnection.exe - test OK (to 127.0.0.1)
5. test with DOS tool from server console - fail!
6. uninstall LanSweeper3.2
7. install LanSweeper3.2 in another folder on the same server. Result - errors on creating SQL Database
Observation:
The SW was bought in October 20, 2008:
Billing Information
--------------------------------------------------

Order ID: 1224509955-7636-298547
Order Total: 122.78 EUR

Subscription Information

Lansweeper Premium User Subscription (18024-1) Subscription Period: Yearly Subscription Amount: 117.28 EUR First Payment Due: Oct 20, 2009

PLEASE REMEMBER THIS CHARGE WILL APPEAR ON YOUR BILL FROM "DRI*LANSWEEPER PREMIUM"

Questions:
1. how I can run de scripts to drop and create again the database?
2. do you think a new fresh reinstall will solve the problems? Maybe to download again the SW from your website?
3. you need more logs to try to solve this?
4. I should think to give up and replace the SW?
Honestly is frustrating for me after more than 15 Years acting as IT Manager to don't be able to install an Inventory SW.

Thanks a lot,
SilviuD –
IT Network Manager EMEA Region
-- Trylon TSF International –
silviu.dobre@trylontsf.com
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Strange because this error "Login failed for user 'lssqluser32'. The user is not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection" states that it is not in mixed mode.
silviudg
Engaged Sweeper
the SQLServer express is version 2005, authentication = mixed mode (I checked in registry... anyway, in the documentation the picture related is windows authentication)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Your sql server needs to be configured for sql authentication. (mixed authentication)
On which database did you install lansweeper?
The installer should correct the authentication for you if it is not set to mixed.

This is an example on how to change this in sql2000 : http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/SQL_Server_2000_Authentication.html