cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ngalioto
Engaged Sweeper II
I modified the web.config file to only allow the Admin group to access the lansweeper webpage I would like to prevent the junior Admin from accessing certain features (i.e. shutdown\reboot computers, amend user password settings etc). Could someone please advise if it is possible to lock down certain features or is it a case of once you get to the webpage you're in?

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
ngalioto
Engaged Sweeper II
The actions run in the context of the user starting the web browser.
If the user doesn't have admin rights on the target computer, the actions won't work.

Reply: This is understood, the question is, what if the user does have admin rights to all computers and is in the desktop admins group. I want that particular user (Junior Admin) to not be able to access all the actions available just a few of them. Can this be done?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ngalioto wrote:
Reply: This is understood, the question is, what if the user does have admin rights to all computers and is in the desktop admins group. I want that particular user (Junior Admin) to not be able to access all the actions available just a few of them. Can this be done?

No.

Even with this is place, the Junior Admin can still do all these things with Lansweeper or other tools.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The actions run in the context of the user starting the web browser.
If the user doesn't have admin rights on the target computer, the actions won't work.