cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ntinfra
Engaged Sweeper
The user and p/w in the config file is correct. Any suggestions on what the problem could be? If I start the GUI console it errors with "SQL Server does not exist or access is denied" If I use integrated or type in the password for the DB username it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated

ver is 3.5.0.47
5 REPLIES 5
ntinfra
Engaged Sweeper
Password in web.config file was not in sync. After resetting password in web.config the web consle works properly.

Seems that you have to update the password in lansweeper\website\web.config as well as lansweeper\service\lansweeper.exe.config
ntinfra
Engaged Sweeper
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lssqluser31'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lssqluser31'.
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="ConnectionString" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=sqlprod2;Initial Catalog=lansweeper31;User ID=lssqluser31;Password=MyPasswordGoesHere"/>
<add key="ConcurrentThreads" value="20" />
<add key="ListenPort" value="9524" />
<add key="Activescanning" value="1" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post a screenshot from the website error please (and your web.config file)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please try 3.5.0.48 from http://www.lansweeper.com/debug/lsmanage.exe
ntinfra
Engaged Sweeper
FYI, I downloaded latest lsmanage.exe that had been posted and it fixed the error in the GUI console. I continue to have login failure via the web console.