→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ecarrara
Engaged Sweeper
Hello,

I'm using Lansweeper Premium version 4.0.0.24.

We have an Active Directory forest with a root domain and a child domain. The child domain uses a different namespace (noncontiguous namespace). All of the computers that have this issue are in the root domain.

When I look at at the errorlog.txt I notice that about every morning at around 7:00 AM I get lots of these errors:

AD cleanup <computername> The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted.

This morning I found 258 entries out of about 360 computers that we have currently indexed. If I look at a sample of these computers, I find that nothing strange is being logged (no errors) on the computer page and the "last seen" field indicates that the computer information is being updated.

What does that error mean and how can I get rid of it ?

Thank you,

Ettore
3 REPLIES 3
googoo
Engaged Sweeper III
I assume this has not been addressed yet? We are running ver4.0.0.27 but still get many of these in error log.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
googoo wrote:
I assume this has not been addressed yet? We are running ver4.0.0.27 but still get many of these in error log.

You can safely ignore them, the service is trying to find out if a computername/domain is an actual domain or a workgroup.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
There will be a fix for this next update, it is caused by the cleanup operations.