cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Perhaps I am just not seeing it but I am trying to pull Model number/Product ID from the BIOS of my all my desktops. When I go to the 'report' of any of my pc's I can only see the following information derived from the BIOS
Name:
Manufacturer:
Version:
Serial number:
When I choose config and look at the BIOS I see the underlying information:
Caption:
BIOSVersion:
BiosCharacteristics:
CurrentLanguage:
InstallableLanguages:
Manufacturer:
PrimaryBIOS:
ReleaseDate:
SerialNumber:
SMBIOSBIOSVersion:
SMBIOSMajorVersion:
SMBIOSPresent:
SMBIOSMinorVersion:
Version:
Date:

Can someone lend me a hand pulling the model/product ID info. from the BIOS please?

Thanks much!

Dennis
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Lansweeper gets the information from WMI, where wmi get's the information is vendor specific.

For HP computers, the information you need might be inside the "serialnumber" field in "tblbios"
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
let me clarify a bit more:
If I need to warranty a piece of equipment I am asked to provide the model information. The company (example: HP) might call that information in the BIOS the "SKU"
Does this help?

Dennis
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
On most of my workstations/servers I do see the model information located there but on some I do not which is why I was/am wondering if it is pulling from the BIOS. I'd think that if it was pulling from the BIOS then all the workstations and server would have the model info. listed under system product.
thanks again for your assistance!

Dennis
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Go to XYZ workstation, then to configuration/hardware/system product
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
Can I get some help with how I can have that information appear when going to 'XYZ workstation' then to 'CONFIG' and the 'Bios' please?

thanks!
Dennis
dennisatsub
Engaged Sweeper
No I unfortunately do not.
I want to be able to search for a pc, then drill into the BIOS information and get the Model name/number of that pc.

many thanks!

Dennis
dennisatsub wrote:
the Model name/number of that pc.

This information is stored in tblcompsystemproduct
Cobra7
Champion Sweeper
Microsoft WMI class Win32_BIOS

Do you see what you want on this link?

Thats the BIOS information that Lansweeper can pull up.