cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bender
Engaged Sweeper
Hello everyone I just recently downloaded lansweeper and I like it but I'm having some problems. I have searched and gotten answers to some of my problems but not all.

When I type in my servername:9524 It says the service is running but there are no computers in query or processed etc. Everything is at 0.

When I go to the site on the digital dashboard it shows my comptuer and everything but How do I get other comptuers to show. I have tried the client and I don't understand how to use it. Is there a way to do a manual scan of new computers or am I missing something. I have stopped and restarted services over and over. My error log says " Database Connection successfull, Starting up service." Is the service not actually starting? When I type in services.msc in start-run it show lansweeper running.

I would really like to use this software It is great. It will help me with my computer inventory and everything.

I am using sql 2008 express and it is all done on my comptuer. The database, website, etc is all on my comptuer. My comptuer is a win xp pro, 1gb ram, 160gb hdd. Does it have to run on a server for everything to work correctly. Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES 8
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
For the access denied I suggest to follow our knowledgebase, checking these steps solves the problem always.
Bender
Engaged Sweeper
On two computers I just get a "access is denied"

on the other computer i get "Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))"

here is what the error log shows.

1/13/2009 12:31:09 PM : TRR8811
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: Shared Memory Provider, error: 0 - No process is on the other end of the pipe.)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WriteSni()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.WritePacket(Byte flushMode)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParserStateObject.ExecuteFlush()
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TdsExecuteSQLBatch(String text, Int32 timeout, SqlNotificationRequest notificationRequest, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at Lansweeperservice.sweeperthread.OkName(clsComputer MyComputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is the WMI error causing the computers not to scan

Which exact error do you get?
Bender
Engaged Sweeper
OK I have looked at the WMI problem and compared it to the one that is scanned. All settings are correct, All registry settings are correct. Is the WMI error causing the comptuers not to scan. I do not know what else to check. I have disabled all antivirus programs and firewall is turned off. I have read other WMI error threads and tried those solutions and still not scanning.

thank you for your help.
Bender
Engaged Sweeper
thank you
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The manual way is using lsclient.
The three computers which are not scanned have probably an error message. (access denied, ...)
You can look for a solution in our knowledgebase
Bender
Engaged Sweeper
OK I finally got it to work. when does it scan the computer? I have a total of 4 computers but it says that 3 are not scanned. The one that is scanned is my computer.

I have tried the trigger scan but doesn't work. Is there a manual way to scan the new computers?

Thanks
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to run "lsclient.exe servername" from your workstations to start scanning.
Easiest way is to do this using a login script.
You can find examples in the documentation on how to implement this.