cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawncruiksh
Engaged Sweeper
Hello, after running the installer twice, and verifying the database does indeed exist, I'm still getting the following errors when initially installing Lansweeper.

I'm running Windows Server 2008 x64, with SQL Server 2005.

Any help is greatly appreciated 🙂

Build Database Objects
Error: Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The loginfailed.
Populate Database
Error: Cannot open database "Lansweeper32" requested by the login. The loginfailed.
Add application name and role
Error: Msg 15010, Level 16, State 1, Server **************** Line 1The database 'Lansweeper32' does not exist. Supply a valid databasename. To see available databases, use sys.databases.
4 REPLIES 4
shawncruiksh
Engaged Sweeper
I solved this...The installer installs the database as "lansweeper32", yet further in the install process, it is being referenced as "Lansweeper32". This is bad for server instances that use case-sensative collation.

After installing the first time - I renamed the database to "Lansweeper32", and reran the installer. All is fixed with regards to the installer. :d/
shawncruiksh wrote:
I solved this...The installer installs the database as "lansweeper32", yet further in the install process, it is being referenced as "Lansweeper32". This is bad for server instances that use case-sensative collation.

After installing the first time - I renamed the database to "Lansweeper32", and reran the installer. All is fixed with regards to the installer. :d/

Thanks for the info, we will fix this asap
shawncruiksh
Engaged Sweeper
Strange, after dropping the lansweeper32 database, I went to the Securities node to delete the login...and it wasn't there!

I'm running 64-bit SQL Server - could it be that the install isn't creating the login?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When you go into the sql management can you try dropping the database and deleting user lssqluser32 please.