cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bvinson
Engaged Sweeper
I setup LS yesterday and have it set through logon scripts to the lsclient.

The service is running with a user account that has network admin rights - and it scanned the host computer perfectly.

Now I'm trying to scan other computers and I see the computer name on the list in the console but they are in red with no further information.

I've run the connection tester from the other computers and there is no issue by short name, long name or IP. Here is one result:
Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK
Remote WMI access test OK
Remote \\[servername]\c$ access test OK

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, is there an 'admin manual' somewhere? I got the setup documentation PDF, but is there any other documentation?

Thanks!
bvinson
8 REPLIES 8
bvinson
Engaged Sweeper
Here you go.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you please post a screenshot of the error in the installer please.
bvinson
Engaged Sweeper
OK, this is probably the root issue. As you suggested I attempted to install just the website. I get a Runtime Error: NIL Interface Error. On the next screen I get the message that there was an error connecting to the IIS Server. I'm installing on 2003 server and IIS 6.0. I've checked and the services are set to Automatic and they are running. I'm able to hit another site on the server...

Sorry to be such a problem.
bvinson

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
After installation, the url should be in your startup menu.
You can also run setup and just install the website again.
bvinson
Engaged Sweeper
OK, cool. How do I do that? I've tried looking in IIS and there isn't a lansweeper site set up (though I did install LS Website during initial installation). I've surfed to the server and can't find a combination of URLs to open the site.

I guess this is where I go back to 'is there an admin guide'...

Thanks again for your assistance.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to go into the web interface to see all the information.
There you will see the tab "errors"

The lsmanage.exe is just for configuration.
bvinson
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks for such a quick response!

I did run the client on the computer I want scan - from the logon script. I went ahead and ran it manually again and it runs fine. I get the "Connecting....Success" message. When I go back to the console the machine is still in red with no info other than the client computer name. I don't see an "Errors" tab in the Console.

My 'errors.txt' file contains:
8/19/2008 1:25:47 PM : Database connection successful, starting up service
8/20/2008 9:15:56 PM : Stopping service
8/20/2008 9:16:00 PM : Database connection successful, starting up service

That's it. And the stop and start today were when I changed the service logon to be THE enterprise admin account for the AD just to make sure there were no problems with permissions.

I tried adding a screenshot so you can see what I mean, but I can figure that out either. Today just may not be my day for troubleshooting errors...staying up too late with the Olympics lately. 🙂

bvinson
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Did you run the lsclient on the computers that you want to scan?
If you did, you will see the computers and there will be a tab "errors"
You can also take a look at the file "errorlog.txt" in your service folder.