cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rosky
Engaged Sweeper
when i check the red computer there is an error there..there's an error message "pingerror"
everytime i turned my computer every morning the red computer always changes...
after i check the connection using connection tester, the connection is Ok...
so what's the problem
11 REPLIES 11
tstock
Engaged Sweeper
Okay, so does the Ping failure also cause Lansweeper to abort processing? I don't mind the Ping error, it's just that it seems to stop gathering data if it can't ping. Thanks for the reply - Great Product! I'm diggin it so far!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
tstock wrote:
Okay, so does the Ping failure also cause Lansweeper to abort processing? I don't mind the Ping error, it's just that it seems to stop gathering data if it can't ping. Thanks for the reply - Great Product! I'm diggin it so far!

Yes, indeed, this is the main reason why i'm removing it.
It first performs three checks (ping, wmi, remote registry)
When it fails it stops scanning.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Ping errors will be left out of the next version due to this kind of latency errors.
tstock
Engaged Sweeper
I have been receiving a ping error on occasion. It is over a high latency connection. I'm betting that the ping is simply timing out - response can be up in the 1500ms range (I didn't find anything in the error logs). Is there a way to adjust the ping Timeout setting?

Thanks
clmowers
Engaged Sweeper
First off, If you open a command promt can you ping the computer in question? Make sure that all computers are turned on and that all firewall have been disabled or had exceptions added to then on the local computer. Also make sure that there are no hidden firewalls. For example, Cisco VPN client has a firewall built into it. By default that firewall is turned on preventing any type of ping
Sayonara_SA
Engaged Sweeper
i see there's no solution yet
I have alot of ping errors on my lansweeper
any idea how to solve them ?
i don't even hav a clue where to begin
rosky
Engaged Sweeper
i didn't delete the data from this table...from the first time i run lansweeper some computers are already being red.when i checked the error,the report told that there's a ping error.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The red computer means that the computersystem table was never scanned and empty.
So a blue computer changing into a red computer is only possible if you somehow delete the data from this table.
rosky
Engaged Sweeper
both happen to different computer every time I turn on the lansweeper...my firewall is already turned off locally without any group policy interference.