cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
First I want to start out by saying that this looks like an amazing program and I thank you for the support you've given. All your responses on the forums are what's me gotten this far.

Anyways, I'm having problems with the SQL login when I go to view the webpage. I'm at page 23 on the documentation. This is the error I'm receiving.

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server) 
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(Boolean& useFailoverPartner, Boolean& failoverDemandDone, String host, String failoverPartner, String protocol, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean aliasLookup)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()
System.Exception: The DefaultView was requested but no tables yet exist.
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.get_DefaultView()

This is my web.config file:

<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_HANDLER_Lansweeper" value="sqlserver.htm" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_STRING_Lansweeper" value="Persist Security Info=False;Data Source=127.0.0.1\SQLExpress;Initial Catalog=Lansweeper;User ID=lssqluser;Password=******" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_DATABASETYPE_Lansweeper" value="SQLServer" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_SCHEMA_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="MM_CONNECTION_CATALOG_Lansweeper" value="" />
<add key="dateformat" value="dd/MM/yyyy" />
</appSettings>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

The service is running and I can connect to it on 127.0.0.1:9524. As soon as I try to go to the main page I get this error though. Remote users are enabled. Lssqluser is created and the passwords do match.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if you need any further information.
13 REPLIES 13
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
I figured it out. I honestly have no idea what I did, but I think messing around with that cliconfg did the trick.

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you try adding DreamweaverCtrls.DLL to the bin of your root folder
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
Alright, I searched high and low on the web for an answer to my problem. There are about a million diffferent reasons for that error it seems. One thing I did find was using cliconfg.exe to add the pipeline and such:

After doing this I no longer have the SQL error. Now I have this error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="VB" ContentType="text/html" ResponseEncoding="utf-8" %>
Line 2: <%@ Register TagPrefix="MM" Namespace="DreamweaverCtrls" Assembly="DreamweaverCtrls,version=1.0.0.0,publicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a,culture=neutral" %>
Line 3: <MM:DataSet
Line 4: id="dscomputers"

Source File: /it-reports.aspx Line: 2

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'DreamweaverCtrls, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=836f606ede05d46a' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Am I making progress, or did I shoot myself in the foot? Any ideas off of this?

EDIT:

Lansweeper wrote:
Sorry for the late response

You need to add the "DreamweaverCtrls.DLL" file to the bin folder of your webroot
If "lansweeper" is a virtual directory, it should be under http://localhost/lansweeper/bin
otherwise it should be under http://localhost/bin

(me guess is that you didn't create a virtual directory)

I double checked. I'm not an IIS wizard, but I did create a virtual directory and DreamweaverCtrls.DLL is in the bin folder.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Well, I have no idea what might be wrong.
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
I was connecting just with Windows Authentication, but I just tried and I can use SQL authentication using the lssqluser account.

When I login using the lssqluser account the only users listed under Login are sa and lssqluser. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be like that, but I can login both ways.

I've read other places about trying to create an entire new instance and start over... Would you recommend that for my situation or do you think that wouldn't help?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
is your server configured for both sql and windows authentication?
dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
Here are a couple other images that might be of assistance in finding the issue...

dion3537
Engaged Sweeper
I got this earlier today, but I can't tell if it was when I was changing some things around, trying to get it to work. I just restarted the service now and didn't get an error...

3/30/2008 3:12:54 AM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Lansweeper" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'lssqluser'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/1/2008 11:27:31 AM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot open database "Lansweeper" requested by the login. The login failed.
Login failed for user 'lssqluser'.
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.CompleteLogin(Boolean enlistOK)
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
4/1/2008 12:31:44 PM
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Login failed for user 'lssqluser'.
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, String srcTable)
at Lansweeper30.starter.ScheduleCheck()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
When the service starts, do you see any errors in the errorlog.txt?