cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'm using last version of Lansweeper.
In global credentials I have defined a global ssh credential for linux.
But because I have 2 linux servers with different ssh credential, I also defined two new "other credentials" for SSH.
The problem is one of these new credentials is "not in use", and when I try to see the asset details I got this error message:

Errors found during scanning:
SSH Error Could not connect to SSH with credentials Global (root)

As you can see, the error says that the connection is not possible using the Global credential. But what about use "other credentials"? Does Lansweeper try to use other credential is the global credential is not valid?

Thank you.
9 REPLIES 9
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I'll appreciate a reply to my last question (above).

Thank you.
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
on that note, ive recently seen this error when scanning 1 machine...
"LinuxNotInstalled dmidecode"

but it does retrieve info .
I see now that 'dmidecode" is possibly not installed?

oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Well, in my case I was using a normal linux user to login Lansweeper via SSH, and it didn't word. Even when this user has the possibility of do "sudo su" to be root.
Or is there a difference between "sudo" (as documentation says) and "sudo su"?. I.e., I don't know what exactly try to do lansweeper once it is logged into a linux server: is "sudo", "sudo su", or what?

Thank you.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
oryzon wrote:
I don't know what exactly try to do lansweeper once it is logged into a linux server: is "sudo", "sudo su", or what?

Sudo.

danielm wrote:
on that note, ive recently seen this error when scanning 1 machine...
"LinuxNotInstalled dmidecode" but it does retrieve info

You can scan Linux machines without dmidecode, but scanned data will be incomplete. (If you are satisfied with currently retrieved data however, there is no need to resolve this error.)
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, thank you.
Just one more question: is it really necesary uses the user "root" to scan a linux via SSH? or perhaps I could use other user with less "power"?

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
oryzon wrote:
Just one more question: is it really necesary uses the user "root" to scan a linux via SSH? or perhaps I could use other user with less "power"?

Linux scanning requirements can be found on page 4 of our online documentation.
oryzon
Engaged Sweeper
Hi again,

I've realized that I should define Unique IP Credentials for the server with problem to login via SSH.
And also, on Scanning Methods I should define what credential use for each IP range.

So, the problem is fixed.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
oryzon wrote:
I've realized that I should define Unique IP Credentials for the server with problem to login via SSH.

You don't necessarily need to map credentials to a unique IP. Mapping them to your IP range is sufficient.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You need to map your credentials to your IP ranges, in the Configuration/Scanning Setup/Scanning Methods section of the web console. Hit the green + button in the Credentials column of an IP range to map credentials.