cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
Hi

I'm having some problem getting the server to start.. Windows firewall is disabled and I haven't found any other firewall installed on this computer ( not mine ) this is the error message I receive in the errorlog.txt

2008-03-04 13:56:19
System.ArgumentException: Keyword not supported: 'initial
catalog'.
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions.ParseInternal(Hashtable parsetable, String connectionString, Boolean buildChain, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean firstKey)
at System.Data.Common.DbConnectionOptions..ctor(String connectionString, Hashtable synonyms, Boolean useOdbcRules)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionString..ctor(String connectionString)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnectionOptions(String connectionString, DbConnectionOptions previous)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnectionPoolGroup(String connectionString, DbConnectionPoolGroupOptions poolOptions, DbConnectionOptions& userConnectionOptions)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.ConnectionString_Set(String value)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.set_ConnectionString(String value)
at Lansweeper30.starter.startsweeper()
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

this first thing I'm curious about is the Initial Catalog command being invalid.. and second.. anyone got a solution to this?

Any help appreciated, since I'm just here for till friday it would be good if it came quickly 😉

/Mickwald

EDIT: I've been checking around and I've tried to check if the port (9524) is open, which it seems not to be, but since I'm just doing the tests locally, I wonder if it's really required to be open..
19 REPLIES 19
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
1 last thing.. how do I fill the database? Or rather, how do I scan the network?
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
Ok, I copied the web.config from the other computer to the server...seems to work now.. Thanks for all help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Same problem as before, probably line breaks in your web.config.

Could you attach your web.config file please.
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
thanks, that worked.. now I'm trying to get it to work in the server machine too(running 2003 Server).. but it keep telling me Bad Request...I'm going trough the walkthrough now to check for errors, but I doubt I'll find anything... The service works and all, but the only difference I find is that I've got a separate website instead of using virutal directory..

I managed to get past the password and bad request part..and got the page to load... seems to be some database problem though..getting a screenshot up here soon

Here it is:
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Go to the documents tab and add "default.aspx" to the "enable default document"
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper
bump.. help please..
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper

these are the properties tabs, was it these and/or was it something else?

EDIT: so.. I'm going home for the day now.. but I'm going to work on this tomorrow so I guess, see ya tomorrow, hehe..
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Right click the virtual directory, take a screenshot of all the tab pages
mickwald
Engaged Sweeper

these are the IIS print screen and the web.config fileif there's anything else you want to look at, tell me