cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm having this error on a custom report with:
SELECT     dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.UserName AS [User], dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName AS [Asset Name], dbo.tblADusers.Description AS Description1,
dbo.tblADusers.Department AS Description, dbo.tblADusers.Displayname AS Remarks,
dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber AS [Serial Number], dbo.tblComputersystem.Model, CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),
dbo.tblOperatingsystem.InstallDate, 101) AS InstalledDate, dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Version, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Caption,
dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP.[Nº inventário]
FROM dbo.tblCustInventoryNew INNER JOIN
dbo.tblComputersystem ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblOperatingsystem ON dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblADusers ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.UserName = dbo.tblADusers.Username INNER JOIN
dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP.ComputerName

When I click in the web client report I get this error:

Server Error in '/Lansweeper' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Column 'software' does not belong to table theTable.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Column 'software' does not belong to table theTable.

Source Error:

The source code that generated this unhandled exception can only be shown when compiled in debug mode. To enable this, please follow one of the below steps, then request the URL:

1. Add a "Debug=true" directive at the top of the file that generated the error. Example:

<%@ Page Language="C#" Debug="true" %>

or:

2) Add the following section to the configuration file of your application:

<configuration>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="true"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Note that this second technique will cause all files within a given application to be compiled in debug mode. The first technique will cause only that particular file to be compiled in debug mode.

Important: Running applications in debug mode does incur a memory/performance overhead. You should make sure that an application has debugging disabled before deploying into production scenario.

Stack Trace:

[ArgumentException: Column 'software' does not belong to table theTable.]
System.Data.DataRow.GetDataColumn(String columnName) +1887619
System.Data.DataRow.get_Item(String columnName) +10
ASP.it_cust_aspx.__Render__control1(HtmlTextWriter __w, Control parameterContainer) +1305
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +2113547
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +24
System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +26
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +25
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +121
System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +22
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1896

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.832; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.832

The report runs fine on the SQL server or on the report builder
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
In 3.5, I didn't had this report on 3.2, it's a transitory report so maybe you don't have to worry about it. I'm still working on this to move my custom tables to the new editable fields in version 3.5. If the problem persists in the new structure then I will report it back. Thanks.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you have this problem in 3.5 or in 3.2?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Sure, it's:
SELECT     dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.UserName AS [User], dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName AS [Asset Name], dbo.tblADusers.Description AS Description1,
dbo.tblADusers.Department AS Description, dbo.tblADusers.Displayname AS Remarks,
dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.IdentifyingNumber AS [Serial Number], dbo.tblComputersystem.Model, CONVERT(VARCHAR(8),
dbo.tblOperatingsystem.InstallDate, 101) AS InstalledDate, dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Version AS Theversion, dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Caption,
dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP.[Nº inventário]
FROM dbo.tblCustInventoryNew INNER JOIN
dbo.tblComputersystem ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblOperatingsystem ON dbo.tblComputersystem.Computername = dbo.tblOperatingsystem.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblADusers ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.UserName = dbo.tblADusers.Username INNER JOIN
dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Computername INNER JOIN
dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP ON dbo.tblCustInventoryNew.ComputerName = dbo.tblCustDataFromSAP.ComputerName

Thanks,
Paulo
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post me your new query sql please.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Thanks but it didn't worked.

Regards,
Paulo
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Change "dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Version" to "dbo.tblComputerSystemProduct.Version as Theversion"

Version is a predefined name to work together with the "software" field