cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sisman
Engaged Sweeper II
SQL server is reachable through ODBC connection.

After upgrade when I open web console I have following error:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: A network-related or instance-specific error occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. The server was not found or was not accessible. Verify that the instance name is correct and that SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. (provider: SQL Network Interfaces, error: 26 - Error Locating Server/Instance Specified)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
5 REPLIES 5
Pachi
Engaged Sweeper
This has to be the strangest support forum I've ever seen. Users post their questions but not a single solution has been posted back. What's the point of me checking that other users have the same problem if Lansweeper moderators don't bother to get back and state what the solution was?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Pachi wrote:
This has to be the strangest support forum I've ever seen. Users post their questions but not a single solution has been posted back. What's the point of me checking that other users have the same problem if Lansweeper moderators don't bother to get back and state what the solution was?

If you don't see an answer posted back it's most likely a problem specific to the customer's network.
You can always contact us at lansweeper@hemoco.com for problems.
sisman
Engaged Sweeper II
I use database on separate SQL server and username and pass are correct.
But now after several reboots Lansweeper serverice is in Starting state, it can not be started ? Nothing in Event Viewer.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
sisman wrote:
I use database on separate SQL server and username and pass are correct.
But now after several reboots Lansweeper serverice is in Starting state, it can not be started ? Nothing in Event Viewer.

The service tries to connect to the database (for 3 minutes), then stops if it doesn't work.

Please contact us by mail lansweeper@hemoco.com
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you verify if you use the same login\password as in the web.config file.