cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
baylox
Engaged Sweeper
Hello

Downloaded and installed Lansweeper 3 yesterday and I'm liking it very much so far. I do have one question... it seems that none of my computers (just over 40 so far) list their actual NIC under Configuration Browser/Hardware/Network - only all other network connection interfaces (such as Windows Mobile devices, RAS, Infrared and Wireless LAN - when not in use!). Am I missing something here or isn't the "current connection NIC" captured?

Also, I would really like to see the MAC-adresses for network cards and be able to call that in custom scripts, for wake-on-lan functionality.

Thanks in advance, and thanks for a great product!

/Peter
18 REPLIES 18
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
not at the moment, I'll try to come up with something if I have more time.
baylox
Engaged Sweeper
Oh I see. Any ideas on what could be the cause of my (wired) network adapters not being read?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Provider failure is a generic WMI failure.
It means that a specific wmi item is not implemented or does not work on this computer
(hard to debug)

This happens for example when querying cdrom drives when there are no available.
baylox
Engaged Sweeper
I have several error messages there. The last one is repeated for a number of computers.

2008-01-31 06:55:01 : VD0297
System.Management.ManagementException: Generic failure
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementPath.GetManagementPath(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject)
at System.Management.ManagementObject.GetManagementObject(IWbemClassObjectFreeThreaded wbemObject, ManagementScope scope)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.get_Current()
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, clsComputer mycomputer, String section, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-01-31 08:28:54 : VD0318
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800706BE)
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExceptionForHRInternal(Int32 errorCode, IntPtr errorInfo)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.GetWMI(String Querystr, String Table, clsComputer mycomputer, String section, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-01-31 08:41:21 : VD0180
System.Management.ManagementException: Provider failure
at System.Management.ManagementException.ThrowWithExtendedInfo(ManagementStatus errorCode)
at System.Management.ManagementObjectCollection.ManagementObjectEnumerator.MoveNext()
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Take a look in the file "errorlog.txt".
It's in the same folder as your service file.
baylox
Engaged Sweeper
No, they do not appear to be listed in the table at all. I see the wireless adapters, for the laptops, but I don't see any wired ones (I believe we have Broadcom adapters mostly, in our HP computers). What could be the root of them not being read at all?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Thanks for info on the MAC-address - I should be able to just add it to the relevant report then, right?

Yes, if you change the corresponding view.
Table : tblnetwork
field : macaddress

If you look into the table tblnetwork using the sql management tools, do you see your adapters there?
baylox
Engaged Sweeper
I haven't gone through all of them, but looked at perhaps 10-15 samples (of both laptops and desktops) out of almost 60 computers now and can't find it in any of them. I'm uploading a screenshot from a laptop that is rather telling: the wireless adapter is shown, but since its inactive (the computer connects via cable) it has an IP-address of 0.0.0.0 and the cable connection isn't visible at all.

Thanks for info on the MAC-address - I should be able to just add it to the relevant report then, right?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Peter
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is this for all your computers?

The interface shows all adapters where "IP enabled = true"
The Mac address is not displayed, but you can find it in the database.