cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jjoelc
Engaged Sweeper
It seems the old issue with VNC not connecting from Firefox (discussed at http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postsm8175_Firefox-Plugin.aspx) has popped back up for me...

My basic info:
Windows 7 (64 bit, but I have tested on a 32 bit system also)
Same results in Firefox 5 and 6
VNC action works properly under IE9
Clean (new) install of LS 4.1
Yes, I have checked and reinstalled the firefox plug in
Does this on at least 2 different Windows 7 systems, I have not tested it on an XP box yet...

Any ideas? Since the only search results I got were talking about version 3.5, and supposedly fixed in 3.5.1... I figured *I* had to be the one doing something wrong, but getting the same results on 2 different systems and double (and triple) checking everything.. I'm stumped...
4 REPLIES 4
jjoelc
Engaged Sweeper
I believe the problem was related to the ultravnc client, other clients didn't have this problem.

Go figure! OK, Thanks for all the help!
jjoelc
Engaged Sweeper
Ahhhh.. Thanks! Any idea of a known working version of UltraVNC? I have at this point tried 1.0.8.2, and the newest (1.0.9.6.1) with the same results. I don't mind digging up older versions, but if you know of one specific one that works, It would save me a lot of trial and error!

Thanks!
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
jjoelc wrote:
Ahhhh.. Thanks! Any idea of a known working version of UltraVNC? I have at this point tried 1.0.8.2, and the newest (1.0.9.6.1) with the same results. I don't mind digging up older versions, but if you know of one specific one that works, It would save me a lot of trial and error!
Thanks!

I believe the problem was related to the ultravnc client, other clients didn't have this problem.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The problem was related to the version of vncviewer.exe.
Try using another one.