→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
owen01
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any way to force the "ask user permission" option in these utilites to be "ON".
Thanks

Owen01
10 REPLIES 10
ksturm
Engaged Sweeper II
I found my problem. It was with the Action code.

the /np had to come after the {computer} not before.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ksturm wrote:
I found my problem. It was with the Action code.

the /np had to come after the {computer} not before.

Yes indeed, sorry, this was my mistake.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I'll try to reproduce the problem
ksturm
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:
I'll try to reproduce the problem


Today when I tried it with the same action "\\lansweeper\LSTools\lsremote.exe /np {computer}"

When the remote control application starts it has /np in the computer box. So it is trying to connect to /np instead of the computer.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Which is the exact message the user gets?
ksturm
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:
Which is the exact message the user gets?


It says something along the lines of:

WinVNC has received an incoming connection from (IP Address)

It then gives them 2 boxes that lets them allow or reject.

ksturm
Engaged Sweeper II
Is there a way to make it so it does not ask permission? In the Lansweeper console I have the confirmation box unchecked, but it still pops a box up for users.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
ksturm wrote:
Is there a way to make it so it does not ask permission? In the Lansweeper console I have the confirmation box unchecked, but it still pops a box up for users.

You can use /np switch
ksturm
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:
ksturm wrote:
Is there a way to make it so it does not ask permission? In the Lansweeper console I have the confirmation box unchecked, but it still pops a box up for users.

You can use /np switch


I did this: \\lansweeper\LSTools\lsremote.exe /np {computer}

It still does not allow for me to connect without user permission. Is there something wrong with my action line?