cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
We have Lansweeper running on Windows 2008 Server.
All functions work including remote control.

When I use the web portal to access the Lansweeper server (http:\\lansweeper:81) remote control does not work. All other advanced actions work including screenshots, uninstall software, etc ...

The only way I can remote control a machine is from the lansweeper server.

When attempting to do this from the web link, I get the error "Cannot connect to remote computer, check firewall settings for port 5900 on client"

I know port 5900 is open as we have a group policy to add it to the exceptions.

I can't figure out why i can do all functions except remote control from the web?

anyone ?
help?
10 REPLIES 10
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
please contact us by e-mail for this problem (lansweeper@hemoco.com)
Lansweeper wrote:
please contact us by e-mail for this problem
(lansweeper@hemoco.com)

We discovered the AD Policy for the domain pc's restricted the open port to the server only. Once we added the IP addresses of our admin workstations, we can now remote control. If you are having a similiar problem, check the AD policies.

TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
When you attempt to run VNC Viewer, the program returns an error "failed to connect to server".
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
Yes. When you run the prog, it is registered. From the web connetion, we are able to take a snapshot and remote uninstall.
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
I copied and ran lsremote.exe from the desktop. After apporx 1 minute, the error for port 5900 being blocked was returned. I have confirmed port 5900 is open on the machine I am trying to remote. There is an exception in the FW.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
TNTreasury wrote:
I copied and ran lsremote.exe from the desktop. After apporx 1 minute, the error for port 5900 being blocked was returned. I have confirmed port 5900 is open on the machine I am trying to remote. There is an exception in the FW.

Did you register lsremote on the machine after copying?
(click register in the menu)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Does it work when you copy lsremote.exe to the computer and run it manually?
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
There are no errors on either the server running Lansweeper or the pc where I am trying to run the Web client.
TNTreasury
Engaged Sweeper
The user accessing the web interface is also an administrator on the machine they are trying to remote control.

The are also an admin on the server where Lansweeper is running.

i will check the event viewer(s) for errors ... are you meaning on the machine using the Web interface or the machine that is trying to be remote controlled?