Engaged Sweeper
i have this problem, and i still couldn't fixed this

here my test result:

Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test OK
Remote WMI access test FAILED
Access is denied. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80070005 (E_ACCESSDENIED))
Remote \\192.168.62.84\c$ access test OK

Error Log file :

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
LIDNG2ANTO\Antok
5/20/2008 12:20:34 PM : LIDNG2ANTO
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80072116): Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80072116)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.LateBinding.InternalLateCall(Object o, Type objType, String name, Object[] args, String[] paramnames, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.NewLateBinding.LateCall(Object Instance, Type Type, String MemberName, Object[] Arguments, String[] ArgumentNames, Type[] TypeArguments, Boolean[] CopyBack, Boolean IgnoreReturn)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.LSADusersearch(clsComputer mycomputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

web Errors tab:

Please help me ....

11 REPLIES 11
ryan_kotzen wrote:

and what you mean "the account running your service not having the proper permissions to look up the user's details in active directory"
because the account that i used was already Domain Admin right

Are you sure?
Some people made the error of using a local account. (check in your services tab)
There are also some other things to check (reverse dns lookup is also a common problem)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
How many machines are affected by this?

ryan_kotzen wrote:

This error is caused by the account running your service not having the proper permissions on the client.

ryan_kotzen wrote:

Name translation: Could not find the name or insufficient right to see name.

This error is caused by the account running your service not having the proper permissions to look up the user's details in active directory.