cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haecz
Engaged Sweeper
I recently upgraded to Lansweeper 5.0.
We set permissions via the web GUI but somehow messed up.

Is there a way to manually reset the permissions or do we need to re-install the instance?

Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can only submit active directory user groups. Note that you cannot submit individual users. The format used must be: NetBIOS name of your domain\name of the user group.

If you enable authenticated access in your web server configuration and access the web console, the Configuration\Website Management\Website Access section of the console will tell you which user is logged in and which groups this user belongs to. If you submit a user group other than the ones listed, the specified user will be locked out.

You've probably done this, but also make sure that you give at least one user group full rights to the console.
haecz
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
You can only submit active directory user groups. Note that you cannot submit individual users. The format used must be: NetBIOS name of your domain\name of the user group.

If you enable authenticated access in your web server configuration and access the web console, the Configuration\Website Management\Website Access section of the console will tell you which user is logged in and which groups this user belongs to. If you submit a user group other than the ones listed, the specified user will be locked out.

You've probably done this, but also make sure that you give at least one user group full rights to the console.

I see where I failed the first time.
If you add the user (admin) to an Active Directory group you need to log out/log in in order for the new settings to apply.

Restarting Explorer will only help if you were a member of the AD group before the settings were applied in the web console.
haecz
Engaged Sweeper
A follow-up question.

Is it possible to assign permissions to Active Directory groups?
It didn't seem to work (hence me having to reset).

My input was:

DOMAIN\My_Group
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can run the ResetWebUserRoles.exe, found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service on your Lansweeper server, to reset the permissions.
haecz
Engaged Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
You can run the ResetWebUserRoles.exe, found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Service on your Lansweeper server, to reset the permissions.

Awesome, it worked!
Thanks a ton for such quick feedback.