→ Celebrate SysAdmin Day 2024 with Lansweeper Enter our Giveaway here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
I can see that you can scan all enabled IP ranges now but I was wondering is it possible to scan a selected ip range on demand?
5 REPLIES 5
rvgfox
Engaged Sweeper
I have several subnets.

It would be nice to be able to have an action to scan a IP location on demand.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
rvgfox wrote:
I have several subnets.

It would be nice to be able to have an action to scan a IP location on demand.

You'll have to disable the other ranges and hit the Scan All Enabled IP Ranges Now button. Additional buttons will most likely not be implemented.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you provide some further information on this. If you only wish to rescan a particular IP range, simply disable the other ranges first.
poweld1
Champion Sweeper
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you provide some further information on this. If you only wish to rescan a particular IP range, simply disable the other ranges first.


That's not a bad idea actually. I just thought you could have a button next to a particular ip range and be able to just scan that range instead of all ip ranges.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
poweld1 wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:
Could you provide some further information on this. If you only wish to rescan a particular IP range, simply disable the other ranges first.


That's not a bad idea actually. I just thought you could have a button next to a particular ip range and be able to just scan that range instead of all ip ranges.

This will most likely not be implemented, as you can disable ranges and rescan just the ones you need using the Scan All Enabled IP Ranges Now button. In Lansweeper 5.0, there is a button under IP Range Scanning to disable/enable all ranges. You can then easily re-enable just the ones you need.