→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
I have a number of Ricoh printers on our WAN. I have added the OID as found by the device tester. How do I get LS to scan the printer and added it to the inventory?

Device tester results:
Snmp OID: 1.3.6.1.4.1.367.1.1
Snmp Hostname: Aficio MP C3500
Snmp Description: RICOH Aficio MP C3500 1.67 / RICOH Network Printer C model / RICOH Network Scanner C model
Snmp Contact:
Snmp Location: Life Dept
Snmp PrinterName: RICOH Aficio MP C3500
SNMP Active
MAC address: 00-00-74-C1-82-CF
FTP port is open
FTP enabled
220 RICOH Aficio MP C3500 FTP server (5.17) ready.
Telnet port is open
SMTP port is closed
HTTP port is open
HTTP server: Web-Server/3.0
HTTP title: Web Image Monitor
HTTPS port is closed
SIP port 5060 is closed
HP jetdirect port 9100 is open
SSH port 22 is closed
Device is a printer

Scanning done!
10 REPLIES 10
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
Great thanks very much for your help.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You will need to delete the manually entered devices first, the ip scanning will fill all the snmp fields.
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
I have manually added a number of printers and a few other devices. When you use the device tester they respond with the info as per the SNMP call the tester uses. Is there anyway to populate the missing info on the devices i have already manually added with the info that a SNMP scan brings back (in the same way the tester displays the info)? As I manually added the printers and devices will they be included in the active scan?
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you. Is there any way to populate the devices i have presently added using the SNMP results of that device?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
wellsybob wrote:
Thank you. Is there any way to populate the devices i have presently added using the SNMP results of that device?

Can you please explain some more, I don't understand the question.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Scanning setup/Scanning servers/IP range scanning
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
Thanks, forgive my ignorance but where do i select that from?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
To scan printers and devices you need ip scanning.
You can select "ignore windows" checkbox so your windows devices won't be scanned.
wellsybob
Engaged Sweeper
Presently we do no active scanning and updates are only forced as user logon in the morning (using lsclient in the login scripts). I haven't set up IP scanning or anything like that. What do I need to do for that?