cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
I'm seeing several Scan Aborts on many servers. Is there a config that I've missed to adjust scan time timeouts?
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
11 REPLIES 11
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This is changed in the latest version of the beta, please test and confirm.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Any update?
Thanks, Jim Lovejoy __________________________________________________________________________________________________ James W. Lovejoy | IBM - Cloud Managed Services Delivery | Infrastructure Architect (Windows Server ...
AdmJLovejoy wrote:
Any update?

This will be changed in the next update.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Again, I have to rule out any WMI issues or this would be apparent in other backend support systems. It appears that the time it takes to pull a large number of users/groups, and/or a large number of event logs exceeds the default 30 min threshold.

Many of the servers that are showing this error, have many nested AD Groups and Groups from External Forests. Lansweeper is terminating the scan prior to completion.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I think it's better to find the cause of the long scan times.
WMI usually times out after 5 minutes.
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Is possible to get this bumped up to 60 mins?
AdmJLovejoy
Champion Sweeper
Yes, this does allow me to validate my suspicions that scans are being aborted before a full scan has been completed. Looks like "Usersingroup" and "Desktop" are the heavy hitters. This brings me back to my original question, now that we know scans are not completing before the default 30 min threshold is reached. Is there any way to extend the scan time beyond the default 30 min threshold?
AdmJLovejoy wrote:
Yes, this does allow me to validate my suspicions that scans are being aborted before a full scan has been completed. Looks like "Usersingroup" and "Desktop" are the heavy hitters. This brings me back to my original question, now that we know scans are not completing before the default 30 min threshold is reached. Is there any way to extend the scan time beyond the default 30 min threshold?

It's currently hardcoded (was also the same in previous versions)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Can you click the wait times open on the action page to look at the scan time of each item.