cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CHatton
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I've been trying to install LS3.1 but every time the service starts it almost instantly stops again listing the following error in the event viewer:
EventType clr20r3, P1 lansweeper31.exe, P2 3.1.3028.22480, P3 4805f4fe, P4 microsoft.visualbasic, P5 8.0.0.0, P6 4333d6d8, P7 377, P8 172, P9 system.invalidcastexception, P10 NIL.

I've tried on 4 different boxes now - XP and 2003 connecting to 2 different SQL 2005 servers but each time i get the same problem.

The errorlog.txt has the following error:
System.InvalidCastException: Conversion from type 'DBNull' to type 'String' is not valid.
at Microsoft.VisualBasic.CompilerServices.Conversions.ToString(Object Value)
at Lansweeper31.starter.ScheduleCheck()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Any idea what's going on?
Cheers
4 REPLIES 4
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This error appears when the "Domain" is not filled in in the list of computers to scan in the scheduled list.

EDIT: this has been fixed in the current version.
suhas_patil
Engaged Sweeper
Hi,

I had also added systems to scan option & it stop Lansweeper service, after reading this forum I removed all system entries & service is working fine.

Does service fail only after adding system with server OS? Is this issue resolved in latest version?

-Thanks
Suhas Patil
CHatton
Engaged Sweeper
Yes! didn't realise i had but i removed an entry and the service stays up.
Thanks for the quick reply.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This seems to point to the scheduled machines:
Lansweeper31.starter.ScheduleCheck()

Did you add any servers for scheduled scanning with the management console