cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Babbabooey
Engaged Sweeper
I am trying to get SNMP working, but having some difficulty.

I have enabled SNMP on the test machines, and everything looks fine.
Running Lansweeper device tester confirms SNMP is all active, and 3rd party SNMP testers also confirm everything is working.

However, I can't get Lansweeper to pick up the SNMP information??
Can anyone please point me on my way!
7 REPLIES 7
Babbabooey
Engaged Sweeper
The reason I wanted it to scan PCs/servers was so they also show up under the devices overview section, which only seems possible by getting the OID from SNMP.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Babbabooey wrote:
The reason I wanted it to scan PCs/servers was so they also show up under the devices overview section

This is not possible. A machine is classified as either a computer or a device, it cannot be both. Lansweeper version 5 will do away with this distinction and merge computers and devices into a single "asset" category. (We do not yet have a release date for Lansweeper version 5.)
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Answered through email as well.

We assumed the issue was related to device scanning.
SNMP is only used for devices (printers, routers…), not for computers.

Do you feel any information is missing from the computer scan?
Babbabooey
Engaged Sweeper
Details emailed as requested
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- Your web console landing page. (Click on the Lansweeper logo in the top left corner of the web console.)
- Lansweeper webpage for one affected device.
- Configuration console settings for the same device. Hit the "Credentials" button for the range the device belongs to and show us what you see here.
- A connection test performed from the Lansweeper server to the affected device using the Devicetester.exe.

For easy reference, also include a link to this forum thread in your email.
Babbabooey
Engaged Sweeper
The SNMP settings within Lansweeper are correctly set already.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Please ensure that, in your configuration console, you have entered the correct SNMP community string for the IP range under Scanning Servers\Your Server\IP Range Scanning. Hit the "Credentials" button for the desired range and edit the community strings. You can specify up to three strings per range.
If you immediately wish to rescan your ranges, hit the "Scan all enabled ranges now" button.