cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hello,
we work with Lansweeper Version 6.0.230.49
since an few weeks i got this error of devices, which are scanned witout errors before.
This devices are Switches, Pronters etc...

PING is without errors and I can reach the devices with HTTP/HTTPS.

If I scan only one device with "Rescan Asset" the error is gone.
Only If I Scan the whole IP location, or with the automatic Scan this error appears.

Could it be a timeout?

Sincerely
Andreas
4 REPLIES 4
kh-vince

Hello everyone,

Due to the age of this post, it has been archived. Please feel free to start a new post if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

jmjaxians
Engaged Sweeper

Hello,

I know this is an old post but were there any solution found?

We have exactly the same problem but- it does not seem to be firewall related.

Thanks!

Lindner
Engaged Sweeper III
Hi,

thats right.
There are no errors, if i make a rescan on only one asset or if i use the devicetester.
Only if i scan more snmp assets this error occurs.

I think it could be a setting on our firewalls, but i dont know where to look...
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
The error "SNMP was not scanned, but existing record has SNMP info." indicates that Lansweeper was originally able to access SNMP on the device, but is no longer able to. This is usually due to either SNMP being disabled on the printer, the SNMP credential submitted in Lansweeper being incorrect or SNMP traffic being blocked.

Why this is only an issue when you scan an IP range is strange. You can test SNMP access to the printer with the Devicetester tool, which can be found in Program Files (x86)\Lansweeper\Actions on your Lansweeper server. Perform the test from your Lansweeper server to the problem machine, submit the relevant SNMP credentials.

I assume this test will not give back any errors related to SNMP scanning since you mention that you can scan the devices fine when you do a manual rescan.