cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tcilmo
Engaged Sweeper II
It is possible to scan a Mac using a domain account instead of a local account? We are an enterprise with Mac's bound to an active directory domain.
6 REPLIES 6
kh-vince

Hello everyone,

Due to the age of this post, it has been archived. Please feel free to start a new post if you wish to continue to discuss this topic.

Thank you for understanding.

TheZeak
Engaged Sweeper

-

Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Theoretically, as long as the credential can do a remote login on the Mac using SSH, Lansweeper should be able to scan it with that credential.

Unfortunately, we don't have any documentation on how to set this up. And I don't have a Mac on hand to do a test.
Esben_D
Lansweeper Employee
Lansweeper Employee
Currently only Windows assets can be scanned via Active Directory. Scanning Mac assets will have to be done using an IP Range scanning target: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/110/scanning-with-ip-address-range-scanning.html

I've linked your topic to the existing feature request for scanning Macs with an Active Directory scanning target.

Is this still the only way to scan Mac's in as assets in Lansweeper? Wanted to check as it's been a few years since your post here.

tcilmo
Engaged Sweeper II
Charles.X wrote:
Currently only Windows assets can be scanned via Active Directory. Scanning Mac assets will have to be done using an IP Range scanning target: https://www.lansweeper.com/kb/110/scanning-with-ip-address-range-scanning.html

I've linked your topic to the existing feature request for scanning Macs with an Active Directory scanning target.

You have misunderstood the question, it was not about scanning targets.

Is it possible to scan Apple computers with a domain\network account? Typically in an enterprise environment this is also known as a resource account. All documentation published on the web only shows an example of a local account. We have Apple computers bound to our active directory domain and want to use a domain\network account and not a local account.