→ Having trouble accessing our new support portal or creating a ticket? Please notify our team here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbobigwheel
Engaged Sweeper
I have taken over this server for an admin that is no longer here. Everything is running smoothly but I don't have any passwords and 0 documentation. I am wanting to upgrade to 5.0. I need to know the ramifications of changing the scanning credentials password. What will be broken and where else will these affects be noticed. I will also need to change the lansweeperuser password. The way I understand it is this is the database user. Are there any other username/passwords to be concerned with and if so, how do I go about changing these passwords.
2 REPLIES 2
turbobigwheel
Engaged Sweeper
Thank you. I am now upgraded and in complete control
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
cbhmis wrote:
I am wanting to upgrade to 5.0.

Update instructions can be found on page 164 and beyond of our online documentation. Note that Lansweeper 5.0 does not have a configuration console; all configuration console items have been moved to the web console.

cbhmis wrote:
I need to know the ramifications of changing the scanning credentials password. What will be broken and where else will these affects be noticed.

If you change the password, you must update it in the Lansweeper configuration console under Scanning Options/Scanning Credentials. A shortcut to the configuration console, called Lansweeper Configuration, should be present on your Lansweeper server's desktop.

cbhmis wrote:
I will also need to change the lansweeperuser password. The way I understand it is this is the database user.

This is the SQL user used by both the Lansweeper service and web console to access the database, that is correct. If you change its password in SQL Server Management Studio, you must also update it in the Lansweeper configuration files below. Note that you should not change the actual SQL user, as this will lead to issues.
- Program Files (x86)/Lansweeper/Website/web.config
- Program Files (x86)/Lansweeper/Service/Lansweeperservice.exe.config

cbhmis wrote:
Are there any other username/passwords to be concerned with and if so, how do I go about changing these passwords.

You may want to consider who's been granted access to the web console. If access to the console was restricted, the AD user group(s) access was restricted to should be present in Program Files (x86)/Lansweeper/Website/web.config. Note that Lansweeper 5.0 has more advanced user access options, described on page 155 and beyond of our documentation.