cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timglass
Engaged Sweeper
I have the web page up and i can run the lsclient.exe at the machine but all i get is the machine name and username. The error i get at the web page is The network path was not found. The error listed in the subject line is from the server error log. When i run the test connection program i get

Ping test OK
-----------------------------------------------
Remote registry test FAILED
The network path was not found.

Remote WMI access test OK
Remote \\127.0.0.1\c$ access test OK
35 REPLIES 35
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You can write a simple .cmd file and use this as a scheduled task
timglass
Engaged Sweeper
I will post what i did once i have all my settings documented.

Can i schedule the lsclient.exe as scheduled task on my servers? I tried to do that but since i have type lsclient.exe servername i can't get it to work as a scheduled task?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
What was the problem/solution? maybe others can benefit from this post
timglass
Engaged Sweeper
I resolved the error it is working now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Same error as before : Could you check if the table tsyswaittime has any records?
timglass
Engaged Sweeper
Ok i am able to login with the web interface and it shows the 2 machines i ran the lsclient on but it is no reporting any data from them. The error log shows the error below:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
4/29/2008 11:58:47 AM : AAC-TGLASSKY
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: There is no row at position 0.
at System.Data.RBTree`1.GetNodeByIndex(Int32 userIndex)
at System.Data.RBTree`1.get_Item(Int32 index)
at System.Data.DataRowCollection.get_Item(Int32 index)
at Lansweeper30.sweeperthread.OktoScan(String section, clsComputer MyComputer, clsThreadinfo Threadinfo, SqlConnection& sqlcon)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do a search on the forum, this error is already fixed in a couple of posts
timglass
Engaged Sweeper
Ok reinstalled everything and we i try to surf to the web page i get the error below:

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server. When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Connect(ServerInfo serverInfo, SqlInternalConnectionTds connHandler, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, Boolean encrypt, Boolean trustServerCert, Boolean integratedSecurity, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.AttemptOneLogin(ServerInfo serverInfo, String newPassword, Boolean ignoreSniOpenTimeout, Int64 timerExpire, SqlConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.LoginNoFailover(String host, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance, SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Int64 timerStart)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds.OpenLoginEnlist(SqlConnection owningObject, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, String newPassword, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnectionTds..ctor(DbConnectionPoolIdentity identity, SqlConnectionString connectionOptions, Object providerInfo, String newPassword, SqlConnection owningObject, Boolean redirectedUserInstance)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnectionFactory.CreateConnection(DbConnectionOptions options, Object poolGroupProviderInfo, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.CreatePooledConnection(DbConnection owningConnection, DbConnectionPool pool, DbConnectionOptions options)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.CreateObject(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.UserCreateRequest(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionPool.GetConnection(DbConnection owningObject)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionFactory.GetConnection(DbConnection owningConnection)
at System.Data.ProviderBase.DbConnectionClosed.OpenConnection(DbConnection outerConnection, DbConnectionFactory connectionFactory)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.Open()
at DreamweaverCtrls.DataSet.DoInit()
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I think the best way to proceed it to drop your database and recreate it.
The database setup should have inserted records in the tables (or they were deleted afterwards)

New to Lansweeper?

Try Lansweeper For Free

Experience Lansweeper with your own data.

Try Now