cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_chang
Engaged Sweeper II
I have a few questions about the VNC used in lansweeper when you "remote control".

What kind of credentials does it use to get access to the client machine?

Does Lansweeper push/install VNC software on the client machine?

I don't' see VNC on my client computer when I run the "remote control" app. How does the server take remote control of the client machine?

Is there a way for me to have the "Ask user permission to connect" checkbox checked off by default?

thanks!
Dave
2 REPLIES 2
david_chang
Engaged Sweeper II
Excellent! thank you for the quick response.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
david.chang wrote:
What kind of credentials does it use to get access to the client machine?

The credentials of the user initiating the Remote Control session are used. Note that custom actions do not make use of scanning credentials submitted in the Lansweeper configuration console. They are always run in the security context of the user initiating the action. More info on the Remote Control tool can be found on page 97 of our online documentation.

david.chang wrote:
Does Lansweeper push/install VNC software on the client machine?

The Remote Control tool pushes the VNC service to the client machine when the Remote Control session is started and removes it when the session has ended.

david.chang wrote:
Is there a way for me to have the "Ask user permission to connect" checkbox checked off by default?

In the Lansweeper configuration console under Configuration\Custom Actions\Computer Actions, change the /AP parameter in the Remote Control action path to /NP.

/NP means No Permission: the target machine is not asked for permission before starting the Remote Control session.
/AP means Ask Permission: the target machine is asked for permission before starting the Remote Control session.