cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jonreichert
Engaged Sweeper II
When I try to telnet to a device from the Device screen I get the error window "Error: File not found". On the Lansweeper server, Configuration -> Custom Actions -> Device actions, the Action field says "telnet.exe {ipaddress}". I changed it to "c:\windows\system32\telnet.exe {ipaddress}", same result. Telnet works fine from a command prompt on the Lansweeper client. Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Lee-Kinetic
Engaged Sweeper II
I know this is an old post but I was just experiencing this problem myself on a Windows 7 x64 machine. I tried the adding a copy of telnet.exe to my Desktop and still no joy.

What I ended up doing to fix this is to use putty.exe instead. So I copied the putty.exe file to my Lansweeper Action Path directory and then changed my Telnet action on the Device Actions tab to:

{actionpath}putty.exe -telnet {ipaddress}

Hope this helps others. Telnet worked fine before I move to Windows 7 x64.
jonreichert
Engaged Sweeper II
Just to follow up. I figured out that I can get it to work by putting a copy of telnet.exe (not a shortcut) on the Desktop. Why this works, I don't know as the none of the other device actions require this. Thanks...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
No idea, just tried on windows 7 without a problem.
jonreichert
Engaged Sweeper II
It is Windows 7 and telnet.exe is installed and working on the browsers' computer, just not from the Lansweeper Console...
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
You should have telnet.exe on the computer where you use the browser.
Is this the case?

If you use windows 7, then you need to install telnet, it's not installed by default.