cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ianternet
Engaged Sweeper
I have recently installed and configured LANSweeper, and everything seemed to be working fine. However one server yesterday failed to scan and on checking the error, it was the "The RPC server is unavailable. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800706BA)" one.

Ever since, any new PC logging on and being scanned for the first time seems to come up with this error. I have used the testconnection utility and it indicates everything fine. Also, the ping tests and dcom are all ok.

I can sort of get round the problem by disabling the firewall, running the testconnection.exe, running the lsclient on the client, and then re-enabling the firewall. However, some machines are remote which makes this rather difficult, and also impractical as more and more PC's are scanned for the first time.

I'm not really sure if any of the above actually resolved the problem, as there can be a slight delay in the scannign being updated.

Anyone any clues what may be happening?

Ian
12 REPLIES 12
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Do you get any specific errors in the errorlog.txt?
ianternet
Engaged Sweeper
The firewall is on on all clients and is set by group policies applying to all PC's. So there is nothing that has changed there.

The reverse pings are fine.

One thing I have noticed, is that the service on port 9524 did stop listening a few days ago, and I had to recreate it, although it is ok now.

When the lsclient does run, quite a bit of information is being recorded, it just seems to be the OS and Software that isn't. For example, the user and last seen are recorded, but the Never Scanned OS and Never Scanned Software has the red icon.

Ian
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Is it possible that the firewall is standard on and that a policy turns it off after you initiated the lsclient?

Another possible cause : problem with the reverse lookup of the IP address not resolving to the correct computer.