cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
Though active scanning I am successfully scanning computers for users located in several locations which are linked via our MPLS network. These networks are all part of our domain/forest.

I am trying to scan a remote network that is part of a different domain/forest (that we trust). Lansweeper sees all of the computers and records all of the computers but lansweeper is unable to inventory the hardware/software for all but one computer in this remote network.

In the lansweeper console I recieve the 2 errors below on each computer.
Wmierror Cannot connect to DCOM port 135 : Firewalled? (C-801)
Wmierror The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA (c-801.domain.com, C-801, 192.168.1.167)
Sometimes I get
Wmierror Access is denied 0x80070005 (c-801.domain.com, 192.168.1.87)

Any thoughts? On some computers there may be firewalls but on several of the computers there are no firewalls.

Are there any logs on the remote computer that I can look at? I am using the current (non-beta) version of Lansweeper.

When I scan the computers manually I use the Lansweeper Servers IP Address (10.0.0.15) instead of the name. The remote computers cannot ping the lansweeper servers name, just IP. Is this an issue?

Thank You
4 REPLIES 4
HIK3
Engaged Sweeper
I was having the same error, I do this :

- Disabled Windows 7 firewall for home/work
- Added Domain Users/Domain Admin to Administrators group

and it works.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
If it's not a firewall issue then it's a dns issue.
Wmierror The RPC server is unavailable 0x800706BA (c-801.domain.com, C-801, 192.168.1.167)

Check if 192.168.1.167 is the correct ip address for this computer (don't verify with "ping -a" because this could also be wrong in dns)
If the IP is correct then it's a firewall or routing problem.
coreyarndt
Engaged Sweeper II
Thank You.
The two locations are connected via VPN though the Internet so there are 2 firewalls in-place but I think both of them are allowing all traffic. I know many of the PCs have software firewalls and we have tried turning them off.

Any other suggestions? It could be a firewall issue on some computers but that may be difficult for me to diagnose.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
The most likely cause is the windows firewall blocking access.
Do you have a router or firewall between the locations?