cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhubbell
Engaged Sweeper II
About half of my computers are displayed as unknown instead of Desktop or Laptop on the main dashboard page. How can I get them to be identified as a desktop or laptop?

AD Domain
Lansweeper Priemum 4.2

Thank you
3 REPLIES 3
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
This issue cannot easily be corrected. Lansweeper gets this information from the registry, specifically from the Win32_SystemEnclosure WMI class.
Jimurray
Engaged Sweeper II
Lansweeper wrote:
This issue cannot easily be corrected. Lansweeper gets this information from the registry, specifically from the Win32_SystemEnclosure WMI class.

How about 80+ computers that come up listed as NAS? How can I get them to recognize as regular computers?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Jimurray wrote:
Lansweeper wrote:

How about 80+ computers that come up listed as NAS? How can I get them to recognize as regular computers?

This points to a firewall issue.

Please contact us at support@lansweeper.com and provide us with screenshots of the following:
- The "Service Status" box in the bottom right corner of your web console landing page.
- The Lansweeper webpage of one affected machine.
- A connection test performed from the Lansweeper server to the same affected machine using the Devicetester.exe. More info on the Devicetester.exe can be found on page 107 of our online documentation.
- Your Scanning Credentials, found in the configuration console under Scanning Options\Scanning Credentials.
- Any scanning methods you have enabled in the configuration console under Scanning Servers\Your Server: Active Scanning, Workgroup Scanning, IP Range Scanning and/or Scheduled Scanning.