cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielm
Champion Sweeper II
HI,

A question,
If An existing 1 site Premium is upgraded to Enterprise and the remote sites now scan and detect the same existing DEVICES, will I get duplicate entries since the remote lansweeper server will most likely see MAC addresses of these devices where now I do not see them (for remote subnets).

I've already redone my Device list once after an upgrade.

And what happens If I just trial the Enterprise and scan and then Go back? Will I have a problem with the database?

1 REPLY 1
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
danielm wrote:
will I get duplicate entries since the remote lansweeper server will most likely see MAC addresses of these devices where now I do not see them (for remote subnets).

If a MAC address is detected for a device that did not previously have a MAC, then yes, that device will be duplicated. MAC addresses are used as unique identifiers when available.
You can delete the (older) duplicates by selecting them in the configuration console under Lansweeper\Scanned Devices and hitting the Delete button.

danielm wrote:
And what happens If I just trial the Enterprise and scan and then Go back? Will I have a problem with the database?

No, you will just have to delete the additional scanning server(s) you set up. Disable the Lansweeper service on these machines. Then, in the Lansweeper configuration console, you can select the server under Scanning Servers and hit the Delete Server button under Options.