→ The Lansweeper Customer Excellence Awards 2024 - Submit Your Project Now! Learn More & Enter Here

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
Under All VOIP phone items there are a lot of devices that are not phones, for example PCs and a Cisco Router.
What is wrong?
11 REPLIES 11
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I will try to explain with an example.
In the past I had a PC named HOSTA and it was working in a subnetA. Then I format this PC, and now its name is HOSTAVM and now its working on subnetB. If I look in Lansweeper I have 2 registries. One for PC named HOSTA and a Seconf for PC HOSTAVM, where HOSTA doesnt exist any more. Can Lansweeper automatically erase HOSTA from its database?.
The same for the example that we mention earlier with VOIP Phone. If I give the device an specific name and later it changes its IP you say that I will see on lansweeper 2 items. One with the name and old IP and one with the same name and new IP. Can Lansweeper erase automatically the old registry (device with its old IP)?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bernardo wrote:
I will try to explain with an example.
In the past I had a PC named HOSTA and it was working in a subnetA. Then I format this PC, and now its name is HOSTAVM and now its working on subnetB. If I look in Lansweeper I have 2 registries. One for PC named HOSTA and a Seconf for PC HOSTAVM, where HOSTA doesnt exist any more. Can Lansweeper automatically erase HOSTA from its database?.
The same for the example that we mention earlier with VOIP Phone. If I give the device an specific name and later it changes its IP you say that I will see on lansweeper 2 items. One with the name and old IP and one with the same name and new IP. Can Lansweeper erase automatically the old registry (device with its old IP)?

To do this before re-installing the computer, go to the lansweeper configuration tool/computers/right click/rename the computer.
This keeps all custom information intact.

Another possibility is to remove the old computer from active directory and use the auto-cleanup features.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
Is there any way to make Lansweeper to update his registries?.
As the case we use as an example, I found a lot of machines, that no longer belong to my domain.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bernardo wrote:
Is there any way to make Lansweeper to update his registries?

What exactly do you mean by this?
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I was making some tests and I found that some devices in this list are really IP phone. Its hostname is wrong. I need to know how lansweeper works to understand the mistake. It founds the devices and then ask to DNS for the hostname?.
I found at least in one of this devices, that the ip is from an IP phone, and when I look at DNS Server this IP is asociated to a PC, that I supposed sometime it has this IP and for a problem (I dont really know wich) DNS doesnt refresh the data.
I see that I can edit device and set the name that I´d like. But this name will be associate to device or to IP?. What happens if I set for example Bernardo´sphone as the name of this devices and tomorrow it changes its IP?. When I look for this name I will see its new IP?
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
I was making some tests and I found that some devices in this list are really IP phone. Its hostname is wrong. I need to know how lansweeper works to understand the mistake. It founds the devices and then ask to DNS for the hostname?.

It asks dns.

I see that I can edit device and set the name that I´d like. But this name will be associate to device or to IP?. What happens if I set for example Bernardo´sphone as the name of this devices and tomorrow it changes its IP?. When I look for this name I will see its new IP?

You will see a new phone with the dns name and the old phone with the old IP.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
A lot of items that are under VOIP devices are PCs, then they doesnt have a webpage.
If I exclude their IP, then I can see the PC configuration and I cant work with it.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
bernardo wrote:
A lot of items that are under VOIP devices are PCs, then they doesnt have a webpage.
If I exclude their IP, then I can see the PC configuration and I cant work with it.

For a pc to be found as a pc ports 135,445 & 139 must be open, then it will be detected as a windows computer.
bernardo
Engaged Sweeper
I dont know what OID is?. I know that is related to snmp, but not exactly what its means.
Can I avoid that no VOIP devices appear under VOIP reports?