cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cristighe
Engaged Sweeper
Hi there

I've just installed LANsweeper on a Windows 2008 server hosting Sharepoint services
The SQL Express 2005 installation went OK. I ran lsclient on two computers on my domain and I can see them using the configuration utility.
My problem is trying to access the web console - error 404 webpage cannot be found.
I'm using application user (pass-through authentication)
Any ideeas?
4 REPLIES 4
cristighe
Engaged Sweeper
Reinstalled LANsweeper on a different server as default web site. Now is working fine
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Could you post screenshots of your IIS configuration please.
cristighe
Engaged Sweeper
I've changed defaultwebsite port to 8080
LANsweeper is installed as per your documentation as a website in a virtual directory
Here is the new eror
Failed to map the path '/LANsweeper/App_Code/'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/LANsweeper/App_Code/'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Failed to map the path '/LANsweeper/App_Code/'.]
System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostConfigUtils.MapPathActual(String siteName, VirtualPath path) +253
System.Web.Configuration.ProcessHostServerConfig.System.Web.Configuration.IServerConfig.MapPath(IApplicationHost appHost, VirtualPath path) +27
System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathEnumerator..ctor(VirtualPath virtualPath, RequestedEntryType requestedEntryType) +106
System.Web.Hosting.MapPathBasedVirtualPathCollection.System.Collections.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() +28
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.ProcessDirectoryRecursive(VirtualDirectory vdir, Boolean topLevel) +161
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.FindBuildProviders() +68
System.Web.Compilation.CodeDirectoryCompiler.GetCodeDirectoryAssembly(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories, Boolean isDirectoryAllowed) +8809444
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectory(VirtualPath virtualDir, CodeDirectoryType dirType, String assemblyName, StringSet excludedSubdirectories) +128
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileCodeDirectories() +265
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +320

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to map the path '/LANsweeper/App_Code/'.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ReportTopLevelCompilationException() +58
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.EnsureTopLevelFilesCompiled() +512
System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters) +729

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to map the path '/LANsweeper/App_Code/'.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +8890735
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +85
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +259

Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Try running Lansweeper website on another port in IIS (other then the sharepoint site)