cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
I use added a "Remote Assistance" link in my custom actions, this allows us to use the built-in windows remote assitance to offer help to remote computers. Here is the syntax to use on vista and Windows 7 Hosts:

msra.exe /offerra {computer}

and for WIndows XP hosts (you will have to type the computer name):

"%ProgramFiles%\Internet Explorer\iexplore" hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm

Please note that you must run the correct command depending on what OS YOU are running, not the client.
4 REPLIES 4
FWBB
Engaged Sweeper III
thanks, this works great.

as we still run a lot of XP, i ended up combining the scripts from : http://www.lansweeper.com/forum/yaf_postst521_Offer-Remote-Assisstants-for-Custom-Action.aspx

and launching the bat file from the other post in your vbs script.
instead of the native ORA htm file, it just calls
Return = WshShell.Run("\\servername\lstools\offerra\ralaunch.bat "& ComputerName, 1)
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
So I had a bit of time anyway:

ComputerName = Wscript.Arguments(0)
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set colOperatingSystems = objWMIService.ExecQuery ("Select * from Win32_OperatingSystem")

For Each objOperatingSystem in colOperatingSystems
strOS = objOperatingSystem.Caption
If strOS = "Microsoft Windows XP Professional" Then
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("iexplore.exe hcp://CN=Microsoft%20Corporation,L=Redmond,S=Washington,C=US/Remote%20Assistance/Escalation/Unsolicited/Unsolicitedrcui.htm", 1)
Else
Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
Return = WshShell.Run("msra.exe /offerra "& ComputerName, 1)
End If
Next

Just save this as OfferRemote.vbs and put it in your lansweeper tools share. the command to call it would be:
cscript.exe \\SERVER\lstools$\OfferRemote.vbs {computer}
sseal
Engaged Sweeper III
Good idea! I probably won't write that as all of our support staff have Vista our higher and I have allot of other stuff going on at work right now.
Hemoco
Lansweeper Alumni
Maybe you can wrap it in one vbs script and detect the computer version before launching the command.